Thursday, September 22, 2005

Resolution --

I decided to stay late at work yesterday to attend a talk on Teaching the Novel by DM Reyes. I sat beside him as he was giving the talk and I felt it -- inspiration. Words and ideas flowed in -- when I tried to hold on to them, they slipped through my fingers.

But still.

It was wonderful while it lasted and I am thankful for the reminder.

The talk lasted for one hour and, when it ended, I wanted to listen some more -- I wanted Sir DM to keep talking, to share more of his insights.

Breathless -- that's the word. At the end of the day, instead of feeling exhausted, I felt energized -- I wanted to do more.

... so that's what a good teacher does.

I want to be like that.

Oh, the resolution --

I will be reading more and will be thinking more. I'm going to immerse myself in the world I had grown distant with --

It will be an interesting reunion. ^_^

* * *

In other news --

I am smarter now. We have decided that we are having curry tomorrow and I have started preparing it today. I also cut my beef into smaller chunks.

Raar!

No comments: