Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bleh --

This is what I've been reading for the past few days now --

Syllogisms (wikipedia)
Syllogism Evaluator
Syllogisms (philosophy pages)

I finally figured out an easy way to teach my students this -- I do feel the satisfaction of having conquered something so unwieldy but, at the same time, the cynic in me know that my students will not appreciate the effort and will forget about this on Friday.

~sigh~

* * *

New experience! --

I took my mom's advice (that I should try to keep working until before giving birth so I won't have a difficult time recovering) and accepted the teaching stint with the Ateneo Language Learning Center.

It is an interesting experience -- twice a week, I meet with a group of 12 students from different parts of the world and we try to help each other improve our English.

I started today and the stint runs until end of April.

The challenge is to keep the class interested in learning English (and not killing their poor fingers from the activity sheets)

No comments: