Thursday, July 07, 2005

16 days --

July seems to hold so many significant events for me --

From the 9th to the 11th, Neil Gaiman will be in town.

On the 13th, I will be giving a talk to Heights. (I have never seen myself as "Heights-worthy")

On the 16th, the next installment of the Harry Potter series is coming out.

On the 23rd, I will be getting married.

(w00t! to the last one ^_^)

* * *

More random thoughts --

Apparently, no matter how early you plans things or how efficient you are in planning, you will still be extremely busy in the last 2 to 3 weeks before your wedding. I made a decision before school started that I wasn't going to let my wedding preparations affect how I'm teaching and it's been a difficult balancing act since then.

But I'm really enjoying my classes -- I've identified my students' learning style and I'm trying to challenge them as best as I can. (I'm really beginning to love them --) It's also rewarding to see so many of my former students coming up to me to say hello (and it isn't the forced "hello" you get from someone who really didn't want to say hello, but was forced to because he has to <-- does this make sense?) Anyhoo -- a lot of my former students decided to take my bro for History. I get a kick out of that. Here are people who will get a glimpse at how two members of the same family think, act and teach -- I wonder what sort of conclusion they will come up with. ^_^

* * *

R&R --

Papers to check, a wedding to prepare -- I'm glad to still be able to find time to just play.

Last Monday, I got to have dinner with Gabs and Johann -- we ate at Super Bowl in Gateway. It was nice to just sit down and talk and be silly (and I was glad to be around people who let me be silly.)

Last week, I met up with a friend from grad school. Lunch was at Sweet Inspiration. That was fun also. I also got to have lunch with Mahar at their org room, which was a treat as well. ^_^

On Friday, I'm having a Gocco session with CDy at my cousin's place -- I'm really excited for this one as well. I get to see what an artist can do with a Gocco! ^_^

And, on most evenings, Johann comes over to visit and just gives me a hug and to listen to me talk about my day. (My sister has been buying me ice cream -- so nice of her. ^_^)

No comments: