Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Been a while -- one of my favorite quotes to reflect to

From the moment they wake they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue. I have never seem such discipline.
- The Last Samurai (movie)


When Johann first showed me the levitating girl, I was spellbound.  She's a Japanese girl (who doesn't levitate, really) but jumps beautifully and takes a picture of herself ... jumping.


Her pictures are beautiful and tell such quirky stories -- when I look at them, I try to imagine that moment when her camera is set and she only has a few seconds to find the courage to jump (she does this sometimes in a public place) -- and I think about the people who are there and I wonder about what they are thinking.


Enjoy~


Yowayowacamera


Then I found this feature on Yahoo about an artist who makes very small sculptures and leaves them out in the public for people to discover.


Slinkachu's Tiny People, Big World

No comments: