Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This year's Christmas/Birthday Wish/Want List --

I wasn't going to make a list this year because I have had a year of gifts already (plus we are gifting ourselves a big trip in January) -- but I like being able to look back at my blog entries and read about a particular day or time in my life.


Anyhoo, click here for last year's list.


I was able to tick off 4 items on last year's list (the sewing machine, the trip, the Bear and Honeybee necklace and a Cath Kidston bag. <-- it was discounted on Asos and I need a bigger bag for when I'm with the kids.)


This year, here are the things I would like to get:
1.  This Kate Spade bag.  The Kennedy is a new design introduced by Kate Spade.  I love how boxy and structured it looks and I like the plaid print.   (The bag also comes in leather.)


2.  Another pair of Sanuks.  I was very happy about the Sanuk Buy 3 Get 1 Free promo -- but the Sanuk people here in Iloilo kept insisting that the free pair can only be slippers.  Johann and I just ended up availing of the 20% off discount on 2 pairs of shoes.  I love wearing them!  I actually wore them for 10 days straight -- and the helpers would just sneak my pair out to be "sunned" in the afternoon.  I want this one with the sparkly sequins!  


3.  I have a strange desire to wear gold shoes (see #2) -- every day.  I think gold is a nice "neutral" -- and the extra sparkle every day wouldn't hurt.  I found a cute pair over at J&M by Soleil -- I am just biding my time -- but I will most likely gift myself a pair of these.


4.  (Still) A Subscription to Romantic Times Magazine.  I put this on my list every year -- and I've subscribed to 4 other magazines (Family Fun <-- thanks to Newsstand's great subscription price, Food Network <-- thanks to Zinio's Black Friday Sale, Parenting Early Years <-- thanks to Zinio's $10 loyalty gift and Every Day with Rachael Ray.) -- partly the reason why I never got around to getting this subscription is because I can mooch this from a nice lady from New Caledonia who generously shares the latest issues with me over at Bookmooch.  


5.  Mixing Bowls.  Proper ones.  Not pots being used as mixing bowls.  But mixing bowls.  I kinda regret not getting the Pyrex glass set when SM had their 1-day Thanksgiving sale last week.  Oh well.


6.  More iTunes credit!  Newsstand, TV Shows, ebooks -- it's the gift that keeps on giving!


7.  Time for myself.  And the will power to exercise.  I fell off the wagon last year -- am happy that I didn't gain any extra weight this year -- but it would be nice to lose some of it next year. ^_^


8.  Time for myself.  And a clean counter so I can try to make cinnamon rolls!  (Yeast, I will conquer you next year!)


9.  An iPad.  We've "borrowed" (read: commandeered my dad's iPad) and it's about time we return it to him.  I would like one for myself -- I find that I enjoy reading magazines and books on it.  Plus, I've also found really nice (not-so-mindless) games for the kids that work better on the iPad than on the iPod Touch.  I know there are android tablets that are cheaper (the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab is #1 on my list) -- but it would be easier and less expensive (in the long run) if I just buckle down and get an iPad.

No comments: