Monday, February 07, 2005

Interesting Weekend --

Saturday:
Accompanied more members of the entourage to have their measurements taken. Fun people -- P and A, C and my cousin, S.

Went home and then went out with sister, my J and our friend C -- had dinner at AA, which serves really yummy inihaw and crispy hot squid.

Then I brought them to Kohikan where I urged my sister to try the super yummy Banana Shake. My J and C were a bit hesitant and they ordered other drinks -- my J got the Honey and C got Milk Oreo.

For people who find themselves in Greenhills Shopping Center, go to Kohikan and spend the PhP95 for the Banana Shake. ^_^

Sunday:
Spent the morning watching the Screen Actor Guild awards --

Was very happy to see CSI win for Best Ensemble Cast in a Drama Series.
Was surprised to find that Natalie Portman and Clive Owen were not nominated.
Was happy that Kate Winslet got recognized for her work in Eternal Sunshine.
Was sad when she lost to Hilary Swank.
Was pleased that Sideways won for Best Ensemble Cast in a movie.

And am now very, very curious to watch it.

In the afternoon, my J and I went to Galleria to watch A Very Long Engagement.

In a word? Wow.

In three? Go see it.

I wanted to watch it in a theater with Caramel Popcorn and the choices were limited: Galleria, Powerplant and Glorietta 4. Of the 3, Galleria is closest to my house and we figured that not a lot of people would be watching it because it was:
a. an art film
b. in French
c. very long (2hours++)

Some pleasant discoveries:
The Galleria Cinema 1 is very nice. The seats are comfy.
We got drinks from Taka's Tea Bar and we tried the Kiwi Green Tea and the Taka's Original Yogurt. I thoroughly enjoyed the Original Yogurt and my J loved the Kiwi Green Tea.

* * *

And today --

Is Monday and a holiday for Ateneo. I don't really know what I want to do today.

Will probably read and prepare for my classes on Wednesday.

No comments: