Monday, February 14, 2005

So it's February 14 --

This time last year, I was getting ready to take the second (and last) part of the comprehensive exam for Lit.

It feels like time has contracted and bent itself so that February 14, 2004 and February 14, 2005 were just a day away from each other --

It doesn't feel like that much time has passed --

At 1:30 on February 14, 2004, my friend F and I were at Natural Spa in Katipunan treating ourselves to a post-compre steam and massage.

At 1:30 today, February 14, 2005, I'll be meeting students for their En11 consultation and preparing for my Lit13 class in between consultations.

In truth, I really don't know what to make of Valentine's Day. I was telling E last Friday that I feel this "pressure to perform" today -- as though I need to do something different, especially because I'm with someone.

I have a Starbucks coupon that gets me and my J two drinks for the price of one -- guess that's a start. ^_^

* * *

More on my J --

Friday, I was so tired after watching TA's 3PO -- I fell asleep and he tucked me in, leaned over to kiss me and turned off the lights.

Sunday, he surprised me by visiting early and accompanied me and my sister while we did our errands in the morning.

^_^

* * *

This person's thoughts on "Love and Heartbreak" --

E challenged me to think of this topic and come up with 101 insights about it.

I told my J about this and he said it's a bit hard to list 101 -- he suggested I do Top 10 lists on everything related to love and heartbreak.

I think I will try to come up with the lists later.

* * *

This is for my J --

"I Love You"
by Sarah Mclachlan

I have a smile
stretched from ear to ear
to see you walking down the road

we meet at the lights
I stare for a while
the world around us disappears

just you and me
on my island of hope
a breath between us could be miles

let me surround you
my sea to your shore
let me be the calm you seek

oh and every time I'm close to you
there's too much I can't say
and you just walk away

and I forgot
to tell you
I love you
and the night's
too long
and cold here
without you
I grieve in my condition
for I cannot find the words to say I need you so

oh and every time I'm close to you
there's too much I can't say
and you just walk away

and I forgot
to tell you
I love you
and the night's
too long
and cold here
without you

<-- I like the line about the world around us disappearing. It does that you know -- when I'm with you. I love you, hun. ^_^

No comments: