Sunday, November 07, 2010

The start of something new --

It's almost the end of the year and I'm already gearing up for the yearly round-up of "bests" in my life --

To my eternal shame, I've discovered that I could not recall most of the books that I've read this year!

I realized that I've been treating books as a "disposable" commodity that I go through and then forget afterwards.

So I bought myself one of these:


And I've promised myself that I would jot down a thought or two about each book that I've finished reading.

Photobucket

This is my first book journal so I'm not familiar with the layout of other brands -- I'm pretty happy with the Moleskine one -- I love the star rating system at the bottom of the page.

What I don't like is the "telephone book" style of organizing titles alphabetically -- but Johann pointed out that it makes it easier to locate a book title. (I would prefer one that would just allow me to arrange titles chronologically.)

No comments: