Monday, November 07, 2005

I should be posting more often -- and there is a lot that I could write about --

For instance, last Thursday, I finally got to meet up with my dear college friends whom I haven't seen since I got married last July. I love my set of college friends and the wonderful memories of college and of sem breaks and summers together. It is also interesting sitting at the same table as them -- two of us are married now and most of us are "coupled" so I am expecting to attend a few more weddings in the next few years. ^_^

I am glad for this development because we've always been a small group -- but with the addition of spouses, the group has grown (not just in number but also in dimension and horizon) ^_^

The weekend, we had Johann's friends over and it was a day of fulfilling cravings -- we had green mango with really yummy bagoong, ripe mango from Iloilo, chocolate mousse from Red Ribbon, and cookies! We took turns preparing and washing dishes (the problems of having plates and silverware good for 4 and having 8 guests ^_^;;;)

Oh, and the visit to Gerry's Grill -- Johann and I visited the Gerry's Grill in Greenhills -- my tummy was so happy with the meal! We had sisig and karekare -- and the bagoong that came with the karekare was soooooo yummy! We loved the bagoong so much we bought a small tub and brought it home.

Today, I discovered another effortless pasta recipe --

Bacon
Button Mushrooms
Can of Cream of Mushroom (I used Cream of Chicken and Mushroom)
Milk (I used low-fat)
Mozzarella
Cooked Penne pasta

Fry the bacon and when it's crisp, toss in the mushrooms.
Then pour the can of Cream of Chicken and Mushroom and mix in half a can of milk. (Use the empty soup can to measure the milk) Season.
When everything is nice and boiling, toss in mozzarella -- as much or as little as you want. We used a lot.
Transfer everything to a baking dish and then top it with more mozzarella and parmesan.
Bake in the oven until the cheese is bubbling and golden.

Currently reading: Neil Gaiman's Marvel 1602

No comments: