Saturday, February 25, 2006

Strange, strange --

Yesterday was strange, to say the least. I was already on my way to work when I found out that classes were cancelled for the day. This was a welcome relief, because I wasn't really in the mood to teach that day. (Case of the grumpies. *grump grump*)

I still went to the office to pick up readings and papers to check over the weekend.

I spent the day watching the goings-on on television and it was a very distant/alienated experiencing.

I didn't know what it was about--

I can't explain it, but something felt "off" about this "revolution" --

* * *

Sumo, raar! --

Met up with a friend for lunch today and we decided to try out Sumo Sam in Shangri-la. The menu is amazing! So many things to choose from! Johann and I were overwhelmed and we wanted to try EVERYTHING.

Since it was our first time, I decided to go with my Japanese "tester" food, katsudon. (Tester = something I eat at all Japanese restos -- if they muck up a Katsudon, then everything else must suck) Johann had the spicy chicken teriyaki. It was all yummy!

Sayang lang I can't have maki and anything raw. =P

No comments: