Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ce-BOO Pacific --

We purchased two tickets from Cebu Pacific last May for my sister and brother. We scheduled their trip to Iloilo for July. We had to reschedule their visit because my brother had an appointment on the week that they were supposed to come home to Iloilo so we had their Cebu Pacific tickets cancelled and we filed the necessary papers to process the refund. We were told it would take 45 to 60 days.

That was last June.

Last September, I called the local office and they told me that they had submitted everything to the main office in Manila so that should be where I should follow up the refund. The phone numbers I was given were impossible to get through -- they are constantly busy or they put you on hold and then hang up on you. Now, this is okay if I were making a local call -- but I'm calling from Iloilo.

When I finally got through, it seems the refund request was never filed so I had to refile and was told to wait another 45 to 60 days.

It is now December and still no refund. I've called their office and the only person I've spoken to is their operator who puts me on hold and then hangs up on me. What's strange is that they have two local numbers for accounting (loc 218 and loc 263) -- I was finally able to get through to 263 and the lady put me on hold and transferred me to 218! (And then they hung up on me.)

It isn't really the money that I'm after (I think I've spent more on long-distance calls than the amount to be refunded) but I'm really annoyed with the bad business practice. They're very quick to charge your credit card but they are slow as molasses to return the money.

I wonder how long it will take before they refund me my money.

BOO! Cebu Pacific, boo!

No comments: