Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Year in Review --

Last night Johann treated us to a really grand dinner at Days Hotel. They have really great appetizers, roast beef and a wonderful dessert table. The conversation was about the year that's ending and plans for the year ahead --

It's been an interesting year for me -- I've experienced so many firsts and learned so much about my life. I became a mom and gained an appreciation for my own mom and how she managed to take care of five children when I am overwhelemed with the experience of having just one.

I nearly died from an undetected UTI. When I was in the hospital, I went through a mental list of all the things that I wanted to do before I died -- (the list isn't so long anymore. ^_^) and what I wanted to do if I got out of that hospital alive -- (that list is long. ^_^)

I've been in Iloilo for half a year and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy being here. I love that everything is so accessible and I don't have to pack heavy whenever I bring Seth out --

2006 was a happy year and 2007 promises to be even better. There are trips planned and those dreamed about that I hope will push through.

Anyhoo, here's my list for the year --

Best gifts received this Christmas

5. A bag from my Aunt (really cool Alice in Wonderland print) which is big enough to fit a bottle, a disposable diaper and a lampin for Seth
4. Dinner with my sister and hubby, which was my hubby's gift (part 2) to me and my sister
3. A pair of Burgundy Crocs Mary Janes
2. A Canon Powershot A640
1. Does Seth count? ^_^ / Clean bill of health

TV Shows
5. Project Runway / Rockstar Supernova
4. Entourage
3. Grey's Anatomy (yes, we finally caved and watched it)
2. House MD
1. Prison Break

Movies
5. Superman Returns
4. Howl's Moving Castle
3. Welcome to Dongmakgul
2. Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
1. The Prestige

Songs
5.
4. Fidelity by Regina Spektor
3. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
2. Mr Brightside by The Killers
1. A lot of Coldplay (Clocks, Don't Panic, Speed of Sound, Yellow, Fix You, etc.)

Comic Series
5. Wonder Woman (Heinberg)
4. Batman (the current one by Morrison/Kubert)
3. All Star Superman
2. Daredevil
1. Fables

Books for the year
5. What to Expect on your First Year / Child of Our Time
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3. Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
2. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
1. Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier / The Prestige by Christopher Priest / Suddenly Silver by Lynn Johnston

Discoveries for 2006
5.
4.
3. Mangosteen is yummy.
2. Being a parent is hard but the rewards can't be beat
1. Iloilo is entertaining and a good place to raise a child

Happy Thoughts
5. Fruits in Ice Cream, David's Tea House, Kettle Corn in Iloilo
4. Having really good doctors
3. Good, good friends (and realizing who they are)
2. My sibs, my parents
1. Seth, my hubby and my life

Things I did that I am most proud of
5.
4.
3. Reading all the books I've read (Tracy Chevalier was a discovery!)
2. Being Seth's mama (and doing it full-time)
1. Survive 24 hours of labor with enough calm to carry a conversation regarding teaching methods in Medical School

No comments: