Thursday, September 24, 2009

To Tokyo! --

This afternoon, Johann and I are leaving for Cebu and tomorrow we will be taking a PAL flight from Cebu to Tokyo.

It's a bit unreal right now -- I never expected to see Tokyo at all in my lifetime and now it's happening sooner rather than later. (We are already making plans to visit Japan again in the future -- maybe when the kids are older.)

It's also my first time, in a long time, to visit a new city -- a place I've never been to before and I'm glad my younger brother is there to guide us through the experience. (I am also taking on the challenge of "mastering" Tokyo as much as I could.)

This is also an exercise for me in "letting go of my kids" -- for the most part, it's me and the two of them and I wonder how it will be tomorrow, when I wake up and not have to rub Seth's tummy or to play peek-a-boo with Anya.

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring the Mac with us.

Strange last-minute thought ...

No comments: