Sunday, March 11, 2007

Meme: One Book

1. One book that changed your life.

The very first "serious" book I read as a college freshman was Like Water for Chocolate and I thought it was the most wonderful and magical piece of fiction ever written.

2. One book you have read more than once.

There are several books I've read more than once --
I read Tuesdays with Morrie on New Year's Eve. (It's my road map for the year ahead.)

I read Possession during the summer.

I read Fables every chance I get.

I read Mike Gayle and Nick Hornby's books whenever I get the blahs.

3. One book you would want on a desert island.


One of Mike Gayle's books for fluff reading when I get bored on the island.

4. One book that made you laugh.

Anne Rice's Beauty Trilogy.

5. One book that made you cry.

Every year when I read Tuesdays with Morrie, I cry. I'm a weeper -- I cry over everything. The last book to make me cry was Suddenly Silver -- a collection of the comic strip For Better or For Worse.

6. One book you wish had been written.

My own -- my "great Filipino novel" -- lol.

7. One book you wish had never been written.

I'm tempted to say Mahabharata because I did not enjoy reading it but I know it's an important part of literary history so ...

8. One book you are currently reading.

Worried All The Time by David Anderegg <-- it's an interesting discussion on parenting in the 21st century

9. One book you have been meaning to read.

Lol, this list is long --
All the books that Johann suggests I read (and don't) which includes Zadie Smith, Orson Scott Card, etc.

March by Geraldine Brooks -- I bought the copy and read through the first chapter and ... well.

Tagging: Johann, Eric, Mahar, Jayme and Tarie

... I'm also curious how my two brothers would answer this. ^_^

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll answer this! Nowadays though I find myself using tabulas to post me thoughts. www.tabulas.com/~maharhar

Mahar

jymdrn said...

thanks for the surprise! i love it. :) *hug!

i'll answer the meme as soon as i finish a super paper for ph102 hehe. :)

Tarie Sabido said...

Eeep! I'll let you know when I am finished with my answers. =)

Jin said...

The very first "serious" book I read as a college freshman was Like Water for Chocolate and I thought it was the most wonderful and magical piece of fiction ever written.

i read this book during my freshmen year too. lovely book. but magical isn't the word i'd use to describe it. :p [wink, wink, nudge,nudge]

Tin (ni Johann) said...

Jin!!

Answer this meme na rin! ^_^

Tarie Sabido said...

I answered the meme in my blog already. =)

Frederick Tomas said...

I love For Better or Worse; I collect the strip online. :D

Is it all right to list down trilogies or series?