Friday, August 24, 2007

In Tin News --

Realized it's been a week since I last posted an update --

I've read a lot of very interesting books lately --
1. Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour <-- the chapter on Japan is my favorite ^_^
2. Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential <-- Funny, insightful, amazing!
3. The Nanny Diaries by Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Krauss
4. Pay the Piper by Jane Yolen and Adam Stemple <-- an interesting take on the Pied Piper story. If you think about it, the Pied Piper is an un-fairy tale.

I've been very busy lately -- being a one-man Alumni Association newsletter machine. We were supposed to release the first issue this August but things happened and we aren't. We are now hoping to release the first issue this September. This week, I had to look through hundreds of pictures and tried to choose pictures representative of the many events my high school has held this year. I'm trying to get a dummy (no layout, no design, just text and photos) ready by Saturday so I can go on my vacation without any worries.

* * *

A funny --


Another reason why I know I married the right guy (and why I know he married the right girl):

We were at a Chinese restaurant last Sunday and, while waiting for the food, we got a copy of the menu and read through everything.

We were laughing at the "Beef with OK sauce" (as opposed to Beef with Very Good Sauce or Beef with Satisfactory Sauce) ^_^

After a few minutes of quiet, Johann finally said, "I know why they call it OK instead of XO ..."

"...if you put to XOs together, you get XOXO and people might read it 'so-so'"

I laughed hard. When my sister asked what we were laughing about, I told her. She didn't think it was that funny. We told my brother and he just twitched.

No comments: