Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The birthday post --

We kicked off the birthday weekend with dinner at Rai Rai Ken. We had Seth along and he got his first taste of chasyu ramen. We'd been craving Japanese food for quite a while now and it was made worse by Anthony Bourdain's little tour of Japan. (I want Okonomiyaki! >_<)

On Saturday, Johann and I took Seth swimming at the clubhouse of Puerto Real (a subdivision near Jaro) -- Seth really enjoyed swimming and didn't mind that it was very cold. The driver said he could hear Seth laughing.

Sunday was the big day -- Johann and I got the morning off and went to Robinson's to visit Booksale. We splurged on books and magazines and went away with a bagful of really good finds. I found a copy of Frances Mayes' Bella Tuscany for PhP77 and Johann discovered a new magazine (that came with a CD of really cool songs) for PhP110.

I found an interesting book on Japanese culture for my brother for PhP15 --

We spent a total of PhP500 at Booksale and went away very happy. ^_^

On our way home, we stopped by Bo's Coffee in SM Delgado and treated ourselves to a cup each. ^_^ While waiting, I went to SM Supermarket and bought some grapes for Seth.

As 30th birthdays go, this one was a no-frills/no-fuss celebration. We got a birthday cake --



We got the strangest birthday greetings -- one was from the staff of Mercury Drug. We were there picking up my mom's prescription and, apparently, your birthday is recorded on the Suki Card, so they greeted us. We also got a birthday greeting from Globe on our cellphones. ^_^

* * *

New bag! --

I've been looking for a good-sized bag for work -- something that I could carry a book and the rest of my things in.

I found this in SM.



It's the perfect size plus I like how bright and lively it is. ^_^

* * *

I still want --

A new wallet.

* * *

Currently reading --

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

In a recent article, Jessice Zafra listed 31 books that she wants to read before 2008 ends. Here's my list (so far):
The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley
The Penguin Book of Food and Drink by Paul Levy
Citizen Girl by by Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Krauss
Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes

... I should have a list of 30 books, in keeping with my age. Will update this when I get the rest of my books. ^_^

No comments: