Saturday, March 08, 2008

Been a while --

The problem with traveling is that you have to put your life on hold while you go traipsing about wherever you are headed -- when you come back, you are greeted by a massive backlog of things to do.

Add to that all the photos from the trip and the laundry that you didn't do. ^_^

That's what I've been doing for the past week or two, I've been re-organizing my life and trying to get things running again. It's been hard finding the balance and I still haven't gotten into the groove of things again.

I make it sound like it's such a big deal when, in truth, I didn't really go very far -- I was just in Manila. (And it wasn't for a long time either. ^_^)

* * *

What I've been busy with --

I've been trawling through the magazine sections of Booksale looking for Bookmark, Geek, Dwell, Romantic Times Book Review, etc.

I've been in magazine mode lately. It thrills me to find a gem in the stash of magazines at Booksale. It's my way of being updated in what is happening in Pop culture land. ^_^

I've been watching *ahem* Gossip Girl, which reminds me Cruel Intentions and the first season of The OC (their best season, IMHO). ^_^

Johann found a copy of Wong Kar Wai's My Blueberry Nights and it is classic Wong Kar Wai. It actually reminds me a bit of Chungking Express.

I want to gush about this movie! It is so lovely and breathtaking!

I've been eating cookies. Pepperidge Farm Soft-Baked cookies are addicting. I love the Dark Chocolate Chunk! Yesterday, we got their White Chocolate Macadamia (soft baked) and their Dark Chocolate Pecan (crisp).

I think I like soft-baked cookies more than crisp cookies.

No comments: