Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hairspray --

Mahar introduced me to the idea of a power song -- he made me listen to "Defying Gravity" from Wicked and that's how I discovered that musical.

I like the idea of having a power song -- during those times when I need that extra push (that extra bit of courage or confidence), I listen to one of them and it really does wonders!

Here's the latest addition to my list:

Big, Blonde And Beautiful
from "Hairspray"

Bring on that pecan pie
Pour some sugar on it
Sugar don't be shy
Scoop me up a mess
Of that chocolate swirl
Don't be stingy,
I'm a growing girl

I offer big love
With no apology
How can I deny the world
The most of me
I am not afraid
To throw my weight around
Pound by pound by pound

Because I'm
Big, blonde and beautiful
There is nothin' 'bout me
That's unsuitable

No one wants a meal
That only offers the least
When girl we're servin' up
The whole damn feast

Slice off a piece
Of that hogshead cheese
Then take a look inside
My book of recipes

Now, don't you sniff around
For something fluffy and light
I need a man who brings
A man-size appetite

I'll use a pinch of sugar
And a dash of spice
I'll let ya lick the spoon
Because it tastes so nice

I'll keep it in my oven
'Til it's good and hot
Keep on stirring 'til it hits the spot
Because I'm...

Big, blonde and beautiful
And Edna girl, you're lookin' so
Recruitable
Why sit in the bleachers
Timid and afraid
When Edna,
You can be your own parade!

They say that
Black is whack
And big ain't in
Well that's just bull

Cause ladies big is back
And as for black
It's beautiful

All shapes and sizes
Follow me
Who wants a twig
When you can have the whole tree

1 comment:

Tarie Sabido said...

Belated Happy Anniversary, Tin and Johann!