Sunday, February 20, 2011

900th post: More recipes to try --

These have been open in tabs on my Chrome page --

Might as well keep the links here for future reference:
Caramel Surprise Peanut Butter Cookies -- three of my favorite words = Caramel + Peanut Butter ... how can I resist?
Philly Cheesesteak -- we actually cook a "milder" version but I want to see what an authentic sandwich tastes like ^_^
Carrot Cake -- over at Allrecipes.com, this had the greatest number of reviews and very good ratings.  I'm trying to figure out how to make it as low sugar as possible for my dad (and myself).  The carrot cakes I remember the most from Manila are the ones from Sharleen Tan (of Qitchen) and from Chocolate Kiss.

We used to bring home a carrot cake for my mom and, to this day, whenever we serve carrot cake, she always mentions that her favorite is still the one from Sharleen Tan.

My funniest memory of Chocolate Kiss is being pregnant with Seth and getting an insane craving for it -- one time, I was crazy craving for it and Johann wasn't home that I went to UP by myself and got a few slices to bring home. ^_^

And I've made these already: Eggs Bakes in Ham Cups -- the shape is intriguing (and new) for my family.  Seth was even convinced to give it a try.  (He who inherited his mom's love-hate relationship with egg.)

Happy 900th post (on Blogger) to me!

No comments: