Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Crisis over-- (January 30)

I actually had another entry all written out -- when I read it, I felt it was too depressing so I deleted it. (There is enough doom and gloom in this world as it is) =P

I've managed to deal with the situation and now it is time for me to pick up the pieces (which is going well ^_^)

I really can't dwell on this too much because there are so many other things that are happening in my life -- (compre, compre, compre) and I can't really afford to give in to the negative vibe ...

... and there is nothing like the comfort of friends to get you through a difficult time (thank you ^_^)

In hindsight:
I guess it was time for me to experience something that jarred me back to existence -- I had somewhat taken my life for granted and was going on automatic pilot.

* * *

Hehehe -- quote from Virginia Woolf:
I seemed to her such nonsense -- inventing differences, when people, heaven knows, were different enough without that. -To the Lighthouse

Every Wednesday of February, a presidentiable is will be in Ateneo to participate in a forum. I think I would like to hear what Ping Lacson and FPJ have to say -- not that I'm voting. =P

And this amuses me: Came from the lib yesterday and bumped into one of our store's customers -- fun lang when they do a double-take and you see surprise and confusion on their faces. Lol! ^_^

* * *

I really like Cheesecake etc.'s Chocolate True Confection (or is it confession) -- it's this gooey, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cake. (I don't know what it's doing in a cheesecake place, but I'm glad it is there -- yum!) And one of our VtES players makes amazing, amazing cheesecake brownies -- will have him make some and will bring it to the store one of these days. ^_^

And I finally got a copy of Songs from 31 Songs (which compiles 18 of the 31 songs Nick Hornby writes about) My favorite is Ani DiFranco's You Had Time (sad song)

how can i go home
with nothing to say
i know you're going to look at me that way
and say what did you do out there
and what did you decide
you said you needed time
and you had time

you are a china shop
and i am a bull
you are really good food
and i am full
i guess everything is timing
i guess everything's been said
so i am coming home with an empty head

you'll say did they love you or what
i'll say they love what i do
the only one who really loves me is you
and you'll say girl did you kick some butt
and i'll say i don't really remember
but my fingers are sore
and my voice is too

you'll say it's really good to see you
you'll say i missed you horribly
you'll say let me carry that
give that to me
and you will take the heavy stuff
and you will drive the car
and i'll look out the window and make jokes
about the way things are

how can i go home
with nothing to say
i know you're going to look at me that way
and say what did you do out there
and what did you decide
you said you needed time
and you had time

* * *

Compre countdown --
1 week left to the first part ^_^ -- am looking forward to February 14, 12:01pm ^_^


No comments: