Saturday, January 31, 2004

Curiouser and curiouser --

For Americans:
"Intimate space is about 18 inches away from our heads... personal space is two to four feet all around us... social space expands to about four to eight feet away and public space is all areas beyond." p. 111

This German scientist studied women's flirting behavior and this is what nearly all women do when they flirt:
"1. Smile
2. Lift their eyebrows in a fast, jerky motion.
3. Open their eyes wide (a sign of sympathetic system arousal which means that the "Hey, pay attention! part of our nervous system has kicked into gear.)
4. Lower their eyelids.
5. Tilt their heads down and to the side (a universal sign of submission in the animal kingdom).
6. Look away." p. 153

from *ahem* Dating for Dummies ^_^

* * *

A friend gave me a really cool belated birthday present -- it's one of those Kodak disposable cameras with a flash -- I haven't opened it yet, but it's in my bag and I take it anywhere. I don't know why, but I really like having it with me ^_^

And E also gave me my birthday present -- it's a movie magazine which features Hero, one of my favorite movies -- (Tony Leung Chiu Wai! ^_^) Ty, E! ^_^

Had a really great day -- started with a walk to Starbucks with G (always fun to talk to) and then the usual group of VtES players ^_^ R! was at the store and he shared his thoughts on the Oscar nominees for this year -- I am a bit disappointed that Last Samurai didn't get as many nominations --

Did something spontaneous -- went with friends to Greenhills after work where we checked for erm... stuff ~tee hee~ ^_^

Tomorrow is book-buying day -- I want to get a copy of the book that Last Samurai was based on... not sure what the title is, though. Erg.

I'm also loving my new CD, Songs from 31 Songs -- it isn't music meant to be played in a public space, though (I can't appreciate it when I'm in the store --)

J lent me his copy of Pink Champagne and that's going to be Monday morning music (alliterated, yay!)

Oh, the store turns 2 tomorrow (not that we're open) -- we aren't doing anything fancy this year, though. Methinks we will celebrate quietly ^_^

And for fellow female Capricorns, a curious thing -- our horoscope for today, January 31:
Today you will have a golden opportunity to tell someone just how much you care about them. If you have not done this for some time, then it may be good to make some kind of grand gesture, and either take them on an adventure, or buy them a gift that will encourage them to explore the potential of your wonderful partnership.

... okay-- I don't have anyone in particular to say something to, so:
Dear world,
I'm beginning to care about you again. Let's not screw it up for each other, k? ^_^

* * *

Reading Kafka's The Metamorphosis -- =P (Though his Hunger Artist is something worth reading ^_^)

No comments: