Friday, May 16, 2008

The start of something new --

Today I say goodbye and thank you to my faithful laptop, my little Pentium-4 1.8 with 512mb RAM and a 30gb hard drive. I inherited this laptop from my brother and it has served us faithfully for 8 years now. Its new role involves office documents and whatnot.

I'm also saying goodbye to an OS that I've had a love-hate relationship with. Before XP came along, I was a Rah-rah girl for Windows 98 and I resisted shifting to XP for as long as I could. Now that XP is finally stable, Microsoft has decided to retire it.

But I digress.

Later today, I will say hello to a Macbook and to a new OS. It's a white 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo with more RAM and hard drive space than my old laptop.

I figured 30 is a good age to try out what the "other side" has to offer. ^_^

Thankies to my dear friend, Jin, who patiently accommodated all of my questions. ^_^

No comments: