Monday, December 01, 2003

Currently listening to: Tori Amos's Taxi Ride (her new album, Tales from a Librarian is out in the US.)

Last night, our internet connection was buggy so we decided to log off and watch TV. MYX was showing the music video of My Immortal by Evanescence (from the Daredevil OST). It's a really lovely song ... sad, haunting, etc. etc. Seeing the video reminded us that we hadn't watched our Daredevil R3 DVD, so we ended up watching it with Tagalog subtitles. ^_^ The translation was pretty good -- there were some parts na sablay (Daredevil: I grew up in the Kitchen = Lumaki ako sa kusina ^_^).

I spent my Saturday in Alabang (was pleasantly surprised that, despite the traffic, I still got there in about an hour) and met up with friends. Being around them (two sets of friends) made me realize just how much I have to be grateful for (I love my friends! ^_^).

I remember a conversion I had with A about two weeks ago:

Me: How do I look?
A: You look like someone who's happy, but doesn't know what to do with that fact.

... how does one reply to that? I just smiled. ^_^

Truth is, I'm very suspicious of happiness because there's always a catch to it; there are always strings attached (and I'd rather be untangled). A few months ago, I gave up a perfectly good chance to go on a trip because I couldn't handle the spontaneous show of generosity. Right now (I've adpated a new POV), I am simply enjoying the ride. There may be a catch to all this down the road, but I'll deal with that when I get there. ^_^

* * *

My friend C posted this on her friendster bulletin board. C was a good friend in college, but we lost touch when we graduated. We bumped into each other again at the recollection. ^_^

1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
- finish reading for the theory part of my comprehensive exam
- organize the bookshelves and the video shelf (ugh!)
- find time to have lunch/dinner with all of my friends
- visit my teacher friends in Xavier
- pRO-related = forge!

2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
- well, C was one of them
- Abbie, a good friend from high school
- Cheng, another good friend from high school
- Jay P. (but he texted last Saturday, so ...)
- Jay L.

3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
- drive
- make creme brulee
- polaroid transfers (for people who've seen Crazy/Beautiful, Kirsten Dunst takes a polaroid picture of a sleeping Jay Hernandez and then proceeds to transfer the image to her notebook.)
- dance? hahahaha ^_^
- speak another language fluently

4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).
- charity (the orphanage in Iloilo and the home for old folks, the Ateneo Scholar's Fund, etc.)
- set up funds for people who need it (people with great ideas, etc.) / pay for my godchildren's education
- travel!
- set up a retirement fund for all of my teachers and yayas
- save the rest

5. List five things you do that help you relax.
- spa! (massage = an hour of heaven -- with a small H ^_^)
- read / write down thoughts
- go on a walk (especially around Ateneo/Katipunan)
- have a good meal / go shopping (window shopping is ok, but it's even better when I have money ^_^)
- ask for hugs ^_^

No comments: