Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Realized today that it is already December and I wonder where the time went -- Tempus Fugit! ^_^

Haven't done any of my Christmas shopping yet (so unlike me, really -- normally, all gifts would be ready by sem break ~sigh~)

Here's the start of my top 5s for 2003.

Movies watched on video (VCD/DVD/VHS)
5. Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
4. Wanee and Junah
3. Chinese Odyssey 2002
2. Who Are You?
1. My Sassy Girl / Finding Nemo / The Classic (added on December 4*)

... actually, it could have been an all-Wong Kar-Wai/Tony Leung Chiu-Wai list: (In the Mood for Love, Chungking Express, Days of Being Wild, etc. etc. ^_^)

*The Classic is another Korean film. Damn it, this movie made me cry so hard my head hurt. ~sigh~

Movies watched on the big screen
5. Possession
4. League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen
3. X2
2. Hero
1. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers / Kill Bill vol 1

Movies that I wanted to watch but didn't/haven't (and are either not out on video or I just haven't gotten a copy)
5. The Shape of Things (from Neil LaBute, director of Possession)
4. Pirates of the Carribean
3. Warriors of Heaven and Earth
2. Infernal Affairs 2
1. Runaway Jury / Battle Royale 2

... there's also Chicago, Down with Love, (would you believe Gangs of New York?), etc. etc.

Cartoon shows
5. Madeline (Disney)
4, Spongebob Squarepants (Nickelodeon)
3. Mr. Bean (Disney)
2. Fairly Oddparents (Nickelodeon)
1. As Told by Ginger (Nickelodeon)

... also X-Men Evolution (Cartoon Network) and The Wild Thornberry's (Nickelodeon)

Comic Series
5. League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen / Courtney Crumrin
4. Ultimates
3. Runaways / New Mutants
2. Batgirl (Dylan Horrocks' run)
1. Fables

... I know New X-Men should be on this list, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I've only read the first issue of Ultimate X-Men, but it started out well and I want to read more ^_^

... there's also Y the Last Man and Daredevil (and for Japanese manga: Fruits Basket, Sakura Taisen and Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyo)

Gadgets I lusted over
5. optical wheel mouse (thanks to B for recommending one to me ^_^)
4. my bro's laptop (super souped-up!)
3. Ericsson P800 or P900
2. Sony Cybershot -- cuuuuuuuute! I was able to carry one in my small handbag ^_^
1. Lomo cameras!

... list will be continued ^_^

No comments: