Sunday, December 21, 2003

Hectic week--

Been running around this entire week, trying to catch up to a world that was moving much too fast. Had dinner with friends in Makati last Tuesday, attended a fun fun Christmas party Saturday afternoon and attended the launch of Siglo Saturday evening. In between, there were presents to be wrapped and business matters that needed to be settled before the year ended.

... and it is done. ~whew!~

On Tuesday, I go home to Iloilo where I will rest and read and spend the holidays with my family.

* * *

Siglo Launch

I attended the event with G and P. Am very very proud of E and A. (tears tears ^_^)

It was an interesting evening -- I've never been one for these types of social events, but I looked at it as another experience to write about. Had fun, got drinks for free, had my copy of Siglo signed.

It's a lovely book, well worth the PhP250 that you'll pay for it.

* * *

Thoughts for the end of another year

... I was going to write about my thoughts on turning older, but I realized I was contradicting myself. There's no easy way for me to talk about turning 26 without sounding crazy.

... so I will go sort my thoughts first, turn 26 and then come back to write about it. ^_^

* * *

Last of my lists:

Happy Thoughts
5. ...what A wrote on his page of my copy of Siglo (awkward phrase -- sorry!) -- Congrats A! You deserve this and so much more ^_^
4. getting really good seats for the premiere of Return of the King (and the crowd was so nice!). Since this is movie-related, will also add this: seeing Hero on the big screen twice and Possession once.
3. my life and the people I have in it right now (I want for nothing more ... seriously ^_^)
2. January 2003, Cafe Ysabel -- what a great way to turn 25 (to be with your friends and have dinner in a really nice place)
1. that my friends will break me out of prison if I ever find myself in one (long story*) -- my sister will try and will probably succeed. C and F will also give it a go (this would be fun to see). A will also try (but he'll be mad at me first and I will have to suffer a lecture and lots of "haynakus!" ^_^). J and B would also be an interesting pair to watch -- J would be OC and B would be zen ... but they would eventually get me out (... I hope ^_^).

*B asked me this question last night: If you were in prison for a crime punishable by the death penalty, who do you know would break you out without you having to ask them? I didn't hesitate to answer: My sister, first. C and F next. A after. J & B last. B said, he'd probably try but would have to get in line first. ^_^ (I have few friends, but I love them all dearly.)

Discoveries for 2003
5. Alabang isn't _that_ far away. (and my aunt's driver is usually free during weekends -- oh, the possibilities ^_^) Hehehe, I only go to Alabang once a year (and it's usually with a lot of preparation beforehand). This year, I decided to be zen about it and just go -- thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great way to spend a Saturday. ^_^ (Thanks, B)
4. How to take the MRT and LRT to Ongpin. E told me about this place in Ongpin that sells HK/Asian vcds. A was the only one brave enough to accompany me. ^_^ Now I usually go once a month. Best thing I bought from that place: My Sassy Girl (close second: The Classic -- starts crying again. ~sniff~)
3. HK/Korean/Japanese films -- haaaay, and I resisted them for sooo long (am so dense that way). My bro had to emotionally blackmail me into watching Who Are You? (If you love me, you will watch this with me -- trust me, this works. But only for my sibs) ...it's actually my bro, the History teacher, who has good taste in movies -- I just happen to be there when he watches them ^_^
2. Lomos -- a way for me to pretend to be artistic ^_^ I love my Holga and SuperSampler ^_^
1. Ilse! -- took me on a twirl through his wild wild world (great companion for walks around Ateneo/Katipunan; most unusual insights and conversation topics) ... a most excellent friend. ^_^

* * *

Am off to Iloilo tomorrow (it's Monday evening). Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas!

To borrow a line from Tori Amos (actually, this is the song in my head right now) -- pretty good year. ^_^

See you all next year! ^_^

"The year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his Heaven -
All's right with the world!"
- Robert Browning

No comments: