Monday, November 29, 2004

If you guys are free Monday or Tuesday next week --

Ditsi Carolino's "Riles" will be showing in Ateneo Loyola Heights next week. There are two screenings open to the public:

December 6 (Monday), 6:30 - 8:30 pm
December 7 (Tuesday), 6:30 - 8:30 pm

Both screenings will be at Escaler Hall, SEC A Building

"Riles" is an excellent, extremely powerful documentary by Ditsi Carolino about the life of a family who lives by the railroad tracks in Manila.

There will be an open forum after each screening, and the people involved in the making of the film will be present.

The film-maker is charging a minimal fee of P40 per person, which can be paid at the door.

* * *

For the sake of posterity -- (humor me)

I have this song stuck in my head right now and I want to look back a year from now and know when exactly this happened --

HER:] They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
[HIM:] Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

[HIM:] Babe
[BOTH:] I got you babe I got you babe

[HER:] They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
[HIM:] I guess that's so, we don't have a pot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got

[HIM:] Babe
[BOTH:] I got you babe I got you babe

[HIM:] I got flowers in the spring I got you to wear my ring
[HER:] And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
[HER:] So let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
[HIM:] Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

[HIM:] Babe
[BOTH:] I got you babe I got you babe

[HIM:] I got you to hold my hand
[HER:] I got you to understand
[HIM:] I got you to walk with me
[HER:] I got you to talk with me
[HIM:] Igot you to kiss goodnight
[HER:] I got you to hold me tight
[HIM:] I got you, I won't let go
[HER:] I got you to love me so

[BOTH:] I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

* * *

So, how did you spend your day today? --

It sucked that it was raining the whole day -- it severely limited the possibilities for today. I ended up making a quick trip to the fruit store at the corner and bought some mangoes and made mango shakes for lunch.

My sister and I watched the Bond VCD (live at Royal Albert Hall) and am going in in a bit to watch "The Hours"

* * *

And today's Capricorn horoscope --

If there's any way you can manage it, take a day or so off and enjoy the company of the ones you love. If you absolutely have to work, at least spend the evening with your sweetie or dearest pal.

Daily Couples:
Ignore your practical side for once and focus on your whimsical ideals. Spend your energies directly on your partner and fall in with their plans gracefully.

No comments: