Wednesday, November 03, 2004

WOW --

I have a copy of Stephen Daldry's The Hours (novel by Michael Cunningham), but I haven't seen it. Everytime I look at it, I remember these lines from the movie's trailer and I remember being moved by these lines.

I really should buckle down and watch the movie.

Virginia Woolf: This is my right; it is the right of every human being. I choose not the suffocating anesthetic of the suburbs, but the violent jolt of the Capital, that is my choice. The meanest patient, yes, even the very lowest is allowed some say in the matter of her own prescription. Thereby she defines her humanity. I wish, for your sake, Leonard, I could be happy in this quietness.

[pause]

Virginia Woolf: But if it is a choice between Richmond and death, I choose death.

~ * ~

Virginia Woolf: Dear Leonard, To look life in the face, always, to look life in the face, and to know it for what it is. At last to know it, to love it, for what it is, and then, to put it away. Leonard, always the years between us, always the years, always the love, always... the hours...

~ * ~

Clarissa Vaughan (smiles and laughs): I remember one morning, getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself, so this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. (both laugh) Never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning, it was happiness. It was The Moment. Right then.

* * *

Possibilities --

I woke up a few mornings ago with a poem in my head, perfectly formed and waiting to be written down.

I savored this poem -- I haven't written anything new in 6 months and let it fill my mind with the simplicity and magnitude of it.

It was a poem that captured all these sensations and thoughts -- all that I see, think and feel when I am with my J.

Someone wrote that writing about love is like grasping for light (I forgot where I read this >_<) and I've been trying to grasp that light.

And that morning, I did -- and it was wonderful to be given a glimpse of the divine again.

And then I lost it.

But I don't feel sad -- what matters to me is knowing that it is there, waiting to be discovered again

* * *

Books! Books! --

My J and I were at Shangri-La the other day and we stopped by National Bookstore. I walked away with an empty wallet and with these lovely books to read:

The Adventure of English by Melvyn Bragg
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, which I'm reading right now. (Wonderful, wonderful read ^_^)

I also got a copy of this book, which I had planned to give to my J for our monthsary -- I was being very casual about the purchase -- hoping he doesn't catch on that it's for him.

When we got home, I just tossed the bag aside and tried my best to distract him from the bag of fresh, new books just waiting to be opened and read.

~haaay~ My J is like a kid talaga when it comes to these things -- he takes pleasure in that simple act of touching books and flipping through the pages, and was unable to resist the temptation.

Siyempre, the first book he decides to check out is the one I was planning to give him. ^_^;;;

I had no choice but to just give it to him in advance. (We discovered that this book also has a CD version, similar to Nick Hornby's 31 Songs ... curious ^_^)

No comments: