Wednesday, November 17, 2004

While walking through my path in Ateneo --

It takes a certain amount of time for the body to learn a simple motion...
from this site on Muscle Memory

The term "muscle memory" is something I learned when I had a brief stint with learning how to play the violin. Given time and practice, your fingers will remember the exact spot to press to play the right key.

Even after years of not holding the violin (and despite the so-few lessons), I picked it up once -- about a month ago and played the scales for my J.

I was never good at it and really didn't have the passion to see it through -- but that's another story.

This one is about how much I love hold my J's hand --

From the very beginning, it just seemed so natural for my hand to be holding his hand. Near the end of our first date, while crossing the street, I looked up and saw my first star of the evening. I took hold of his hand and tugged at it to gain his attention. And I haven't let go ever since.

When we're walking (and we do this a lot), it feels so awkward when I'm not holding his hand -- it's a hand that's dangling hopelessly against gravity and needs something to anchor it. I told T yesterday, while we were walking to Starbucks, that the only purpose my left hand has is to hold my J's hand.

And I love how he holds my hand -- how he gives it a squeeze now and then (and I know that he's thinking of something good) and how he isn't satisfied with a loose hold so he closes his hand over mine firmly and completely.

Even when we have so many packages between us, we still manage to arrange these bags and stuff so we could hold hands.

(I love it that we do that. ^_^)

No comments: