Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Whee! --

Had a fun (but hectic) weekend and an even better Monday --

Saturday, I had lunch with two of my closest friends from college -- J and F and I told them my big news. They were both so happy and excited for me. ^_^

We had lunch at Pagliacci in Podium. The food there is decent and the service is great. I would want to try their gelato next time. ^_^

Sunday was nice and restful -- spent the day at home with my J. Late in the afternoon, we walked to church and then to Starbucks where we shared a Toffee Nut Latte Frapuccino and tried some stuff from that fried snack place near it. It was a great way to prepare for the week ahead. ^_^

Met up with M for lunch on Monday. Ahh -- this was wonderful. It's always great to be around someone with so much energy and love for life. We had lunch at Fruit Magic and then had dessert at Starbucks. Finally got to try the bread pudding -- yum!

He's letting me "borrow" one of his songs for my day. ^_^ Thankies M!

ONE BOY
from Bye Bye Birdie the Musical

Kim:
One boy
One special boy
One boy to go with
And talk with
And walk with
Kim and Girls:
One boy
That's the way it should be
Yeah, yeah!
That's the way it should be
One boy
One certain boy
One boy to laugh with
To jump with
Have Coke with
One boy
Not two or three
Kim:
One day you'll find out
This is what life is all about
You'll need someone who
Is living just for you
Kim and Girls:
One boy
One steady boy
One boy to be with
Forever and ever
One boy
That's the way it should be
That's the way it should be
That's the way it should be

Rosie
When will he find out
This is what life is all about?
Will he ever see
I need him and he needs me?
One guy
One special guy
One guy to live for
To care for, be there for
One guy
That's the way it should be,
That's the way it should be...

we met up with some of my J's friends for a movie at Glorietta 4. Finally got to watch Kung Fu Hustle -- fun fun movie -- go watch it peeps! ^_^ Had dinner at the food court and got to eat World Chicken. I love World Chicken. ^_^

When I got home, some books that I ordered online finally arrived! The first two books from the Mary Poppins series, David Lodge's The Art of Fiction: Illustrated from Classic and Modern Texts, A Reader's Guide to AS Byatt's Possession and THE RENT ORIGINAL JAPANESE CAST CD!!!!!

The CD contains three songs: Seasons of Love, Another Day and Rent. Grabe -- even in a foreign language, goosebumps galore pa rin. ^_^

Today promises to be fun also. Meeting up with my J for lunch in Makati and then we're off on more of our adventures. ^_^

* * *

Oh --

and I love my J.

No comments: