Sunday, January 02, 2005

End of the Year Survey

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Took a leap of faith and fell in love.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The most important one, yes -- the rest are a blur.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup. My friend J last December 27 to a daughter.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Hong Kong. (My answer last year, too -- Bleh. Need to make plans na for the summer.)

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Determination to complete my Master's. The ability to slow down.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March, 2004 - 50 First Dates ^_^
March 17, 2004 - Lovers' Concerto
March 25, 2004 - the walk from Galleria to Podium
late May, 2004 - getting a job
December 22, 2004 - the store closed; I got a pretty little present from my J ^_^

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting to teach in Ateneo. Getting very good feedback/evaluation from the teachers and students. Passing the compre.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Lots! -- but I don't want to dwell on them. <-- my answer last year ^_^

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thank God. I'm more conscientious now about taking my vitamins and staying healthy.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Sony Ericsson K500i. My 2 pairs of rubber mary janes.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
<-- still don't know how to answer this one.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
<-- see no. 12

14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes. VCDs and DVDs. <-- my J is educating me on film appreciation. ^_^ Books!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of the coming year and the many many changes I will be encountering. Getting to teach Intro to Fiction. My J.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
"Obvious" by Westlife <-- although, my J wishes otherwise. Wahahahah! XD
"Crash into Me" by Dave Matthews Band
"The Way You Look Tonight" <-- no particular singer. I usually sing a few lines from this when I'm out with my J.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same.
iii. richer or poorer? Same.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Write. <-- *sigh* same answer last year

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry. Give in to insecurity.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with my family and my J. ^_^

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yes!!!

23. How many one-night stands?
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Iron Chef. Nigella Lawson's shows on Lifestyle. Amazing Race.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really hate -- more of "not like"

26. What was the best book you read?
Mike Gayle's books. Wendelin Van Draanen's Flipped. Jasper Fforde's stuff.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-- The Broadway Musicals Wicked and Avenue Q.

28. What did you want and got?
Someone to share my life and all that I experience with.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Incredibles. 2046. A Mighty Wind.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I'm 26 and turning 27 in a few days. Will be having a series of lunches and dinners with friends during the week ahead. On the day itself, my J and I plan to do a movie marathon at Shangri-la.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I thought it was a pretty good year for me. ^_^

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
More girly. I wasn't afraid to wear tank tops. Havaianas. This year, I'm going with sensible more-girly shoes. <-- found a really funky pair from Hush Puppies. Sooooo comfy!

34. What kept you sane?
My J. My sibs.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Stupid Pork Barrel issue.

37. Who did you miss?
No one really. I wasn't very angsty this year.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
my cubicle mates sa English Dept. ^_^

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Have faith in yourself.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"It’s a beautiful day
Don’t let it get away
It’s a beautiful day"
- U2, Beautiful Day

* * *

First post of the year --

It was a season of taking chances -- literally! My J had to take his chances at the airport so he could be with me for Christmas. My sibs and I had to go through a very harrowing (but ultimately rewarding) experience just to get the earlier flight.

It was a season of taking chances -- at the start of the year, it was all about putting down walls and letting people in. It was about opening up to people and letting them share with you their lives and experiences. It was about letting go of everything and taking that great big leap into the unknown and saying "yes" to love.

It was all about learning to trust yourself and the decisions that you make and being able to look at the future and see its possibilities rather than its obstacles.

Bleh. So dramatic. ^_^

Basta. I'm excited for the coming year.

Yun lang.

No comments: