Sunday, June 05, 2005

~ Damned Power Outtage ~

Had a really lovely food post and then the power went out -- and the "Recover Post" link isn't recovering my post. =(

Anyhoo --

Take 2 --

Down the rabbit hole and into a time warp --

After mass, Johann and I went to Greenhills to pick up his comics. We were deciding were to eat and we ended up in Aristocrat. We were curious about the Pork BBQ and Java Rice that Dessert First talked about in her blog.

We ordered a Combo B (2 pcs Chicken BBQ and 1 stick Pork BBQ) and asked for an extra order of Java Rice. We were not disappointed. Everything was delicious! The Java Rice was perfect -- the grains were separate and it was so moist and flavorful. It was rice done right. The meats were all very tender as well.

What was interesting is the lack of condiments provided. Most restaurants would have the soy sauce and the vinegar already on the table. Aristocrat only has a bottle of soy sauce. I guess this is because everything is already quite delicious and needs no enhancement.

We saved the charred chicken skin for last and it was yummy! Well worth the calories. ^_^

Believe it or not, today was my first time there EVER. Going down the stairs to the entrance, Johann remembered that the last time he was there was in the late 80s with his parents. Once you enter the restaurant, it's like stepping into the past. The decor is retro and the music played is also quite dated. I guess it's part of the experience (Intended or not) --

I would love to post pictures of our plates but I forgot to bring my camera.

I'm curious about how Aristocrat will be affected by the on-going face lift of Greenhills Shopping Center.

* * *

For Ben & Jerry fans --

Rustan's Fresh has a sale on SELECTED flavors of Ben & Jerry Ice Cream. My brother picked up a pint of Peanut Butter Cup at 50% off. Guess you can ask the people there which flavors are sold at the discounted price.

No comments: