Saturday, June 18, 2005

PCK the Musical --

This was actually the reason why we went to Singapore in the first place -- to watch PCK the Musical.

This was the highlight of day 3 (June 10) -- the theater was packed with people (because PCK is a really popular sitcom in Singapore). I was proud of having gotten really good seats. ^_^ At first, I felt a bit guilty because I didn't get the "best" (read: most expensive seats) but, when we got to the theater, it turns out we did. The most expensive seats were closer to the stage, but it was also on flat ground. We felt sorry for many of the kids who sat behind big, hulking grownups. Our seats were facing the stage and we were on an elevation so we got to see EVERYTHING. ^_^

My bro has a good review of our evening and pictures of the area surrounding the Singapore Indoor Stadium in his journal.

* * *

Day 4, June 11 --

Johann and I reserved Sunday for just us. (It was date day in a different country. ^_^) Being the romantics that we are, we decided to go to IKEA to get the lamp I was eyeing for our condo. =^_^=

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I LOVE IKEA!!!

At first we went a bit crazy and put everything pretty in our cart. And then we realized we had to take the bus back and had to walk a good distance from the bus stop to the hotel. We decided to be mature about it and talked about key pieces -- we ended up with a table lamp and a ceiling lamp.

After IKEA, we missed our busstop and ended up at the terminal in Suntec City. The original plan was to leave everything in the hotel and then go to Suntec. Since we were there, we decided to go around na.

I was shopping for work clothes and had been disappointed the past few days because I couldn't find any that were decent and comfortable enough -- and then I found IORA. The guy who served me was sooooo galing! He took one look at my figure and started suggesting clothes. I fit them and LOVED them!

We also passed by Gelare and I was dying to have a break -- Johann said he was only buying ice cream if it was Pistachio. Goody for us, they did have pistachio! Hurrah!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was yummy!

After Suntec, we went through Citylink and then to Raffles Shopping Center. Late lunch was at the Food Junction on the top floor. This Food Junction had a really great Dimsum stall. I love their siopao!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

<-- What I ordered. -_-

Johann had a Char Kway Tiao -- the fried Singaporean Noodle. We were happy to finally taste the original.

We decided to eat light *koff koff* so that we could have dessert. We ordered the Ice Kachang -- Singapore's "official" dessert. It is finely shaved ice that is flavored and topped with sweet corn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When you get to the bottom of the bowl, you are treated with red bean and nata and black jelly --

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

... to be continued!

No comments: