Sunday, June 26, 2005

Tempus is Fugiting very Fast --

Whirlwind -- that's the word that comes to mind. I haven't really had the chance to sit down and write for a while.

I'm still trying to adjust to school starting -- odd, though, that I am supposed to have a lot of free time because of my sked (MWF 130 to 430) but I'm always tired and I seem to always have something on my "To Do" pile.

I'm loving my classes (it is a bit early to say this and I may regret it later) -- I am so proud of myself and how I managed the first two weeks. I am really looking forward to having this grand plan in my head come to fruition (and am hoping my students will cooperate)

I was, once again, assigned BS Majors (MGT and MGT-H and the sciences) -- I don't know why. I guess they think my flakiness will balance out how uptight and OC my classes are. (They seem to be fun people, btw -- very capable, smart and fun.)

Yesterday, I attended the Freshmen Parent Orientation at Henry Lee Irwin. Highlight of my day: Fr Nebres comes into the auditorium and sits in the very front row and slouched in his seat just so he could get a better angle of the screen. There I was, in the second row, trying to maintain proper seating posture and our beloved President is slouching in the row ahead. I thought that was cool of him.

I really enjoyed each school's presentation. One could really see the difference in each school's approach. The School of Humanities prepared a really touching, emotional presentation about what it means to be human (and it ended with a tribute to Dr Pesigan, who died recently) -- I was teary-eyed. The JGSom had a really flashy CSI-inspired presentation that presented statistics of their student population. The School of Science and Engineering had a really clean Flash presentation where Dr Cuyegkeng started talking about Josef Kamel SJ (and dropping names like Carl Linnaeus) and she talked about all the sophisticated instruments that the Ateneo has. The School of Social Sciences had a really simple (powerpoint-y) presentation but it had a startling social commentary. After each slide (presenting their programs), they inserted a slide that made a comparison of costs from 1988 to 2005. (For example, Ateneo tuition in 1988 was around 6k and now it's almost 32k!)

After the Parents Orsem, I met up with Johann and we went to Libis to purchase some of our furniture. It was a super-quick trip because we had a 1pm appointment with Njork for fittings.

On our way home, we encountered massive, massive traffic in the Greenhills area, and there were a LOT of firetrucks all rushing to be somewhere. We were looking around for where the fire could be, but we couldn't see any. We knew it was a major fire because there were firetrucks coming in from all directions. (We later discovered that Theater Mall caught fire and some bits of Shoppesville also got affected.)

* * *

R.I.P. my PC --

Early yesterday morning, I tried to turn on my PC and it didn't. I've been having some problems with it and I thought it had been fixed already, but apparently, it isn't.

My beloved thesis is in there. =( I'm not so worried, though -- it's a hard drive problem and my bro told me that there is a way for me to access my thesis (master/slave thingy in my pc) so I'll be doing this today.

No comments: