Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Day 3, June 10 --

After breakfast, Johann and I decided to walk around the block and we found ourselves wandering into the Singapore Philatelic Museum. (My J is a stamp collector.) There was a Hans Christian Anderson exhibit so we paid the S$3 entrance and went our merry way.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my J being silly and cute --

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can I fill Hans Christian Anderson's shoes?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We also went around the main exhibit and got a kick out of one particular area. It's a booth that says "How would you look on a stamp?"

The answer is here and here.

Friday was Daisho and IMM day -- these are malls found in the outskirts of Singapore. This is really where the locals go to shop. Daisho is this huge store from Japan where everything is for 100 Yen -- the Singapore equivalent is S$2.

My brothers went crazy purchasing Origami paper and other Japanese-related items. I just bought a cutting mat.

We ate at the Crunchy Carrot for lunch -- a mini-food court. The roasted duck was amazing! The skin was crunchy and the meat was tender (and not so gamey).

After the excursion, Johann and I decided to go and find my Print Gocco supplier. We had to go down several stations after Daisho and take a bus to a place called Jalan Rimah Tinggi.

I love the bus system in Singapore. ^_^

We had no problems getting to the place but we had some problems looking for the "store" -- Singapore is organized into housing blocks so one's address would read Block Number + Road + Floor Number-Flat Number.

When we found the address, no one was there. ~sigh~ Bye bye Print Gocco. I guess I'll have to order my kit online.

No comments: