Thursday, June 16, 2005

We interrupt the current chronicle of my trip to Singapore to tell you about two really great movies I saw in the past two days --

1. A documentary called Spellbound, which I got when I was in Singapore. It follows the preparation of 7 students vying for the National Spelling Bee Championships in the US.

It was spellbinding. ^_^

Conversation Johann and I had during the movie:
From the movie: (The word to be spelled is) "Cabotage"
Johann: Grabe! How do they expect the kid to spell that?
Me: It's easy -- it's a cabbage with a "tage"

O_o

2. Batman Begins

We had a long, long day taking care of wedding-related errands and we were glad that we were able to catch the 410pm show at Theater Mall Cinema 5.

This movie made me want to cry. This movie made me want to smile.

It was just so beautiful. ~sniff~

I'm watching it again this weekend.

* * *

And --

Christian Bale is so gwapo! >_<

I've loved this guy since Empire of the Sun! (I even suffered through Newsies for him! >_<)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...My heart is all aflutter ^_^

No comments: