Saturday, June 04, 2005

Tagged by Cupkeyk --

Total Number of Books Owned:
If you count everything that is here and in Iloilo -- a LOT. My sister and I are avid book readers and we get obsessive over authors (when we like one work of that author, we try to get everything he/she has written).

Last Book I Bought:
Last Wednesday, my J and I bought Kevin Crossley-Holland's Arthur: The Seeing Stone at Booktopia.

Last book I remember buying for myself is Mike Gayle's Turning Thirty. Before that, it was two thesis-related books.

Last Book I Read:
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel adaptation by Matthew Stover
Turning Thirty by Mike Gayle

Currently reading: Michaela Roessner's The Stars Dispose

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me that I Really Like:
1. Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman
A birthday present from a friend a few years back. Was so amazed with how beautiful words can be. For a brief moment, this book gave me a glimpse of the divine.

2. My Legendary Girlfriend by Mike Gayle
A Christmas present from two friends from the store. Funny thing was, it was given to me in December and I only read it three months later. It's as if Mike Gayle spoke to me. Lent this book to my J and it helped him get through a bad patch of his life. He lent it to his friend and it helped him get through a bad patch of his life. Feel good book. Lots of quotable quotes.

3. Possession by A.S. Byatt
Am so proud to say that I read this book! So many wonderful memories tied to this. I remember how DM delayed the report for this so that everyone could finish reading it. I remember talking to Mika about this and how it started a really good conversation about The Virgin Suicides and all things literary. I remember being so excited to watch the movie adaptation with my sister.

4. Endless Vow: The Zen Path of Soen Nakagawa by Kazuaki Tanahashi
Strangely enough, it was Eric Torres who gave me this book. At a time when my life needed direction and an anchor to hold me steady, this book was my constant companion.

5. Merchant of Marvels and the Peddler of Dreams by Frederic Clement
Sophomore year, a birthday present from my brothers. Sadly, I lost this book in the Rizal Study Foyer. I remember being so amused because my brothers had such a hard time finding a gift for me. My sibs have always said that I am the hardest person to get a gift for because a.) When I like something, I get it immediately and b.) My tastes change quickly.

They found this book which tells of fantastic items and magical objects -- and that's what they gave to me.

6. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
I love Mahar for this, for sharing this wonderful book with me.

Tag 5 People and Have Them Fill This Out:
- My J -- grabe, this boy has so damned many books! (Since we got together, siguro this boy has added a hundred books to his collection)
- Mahar
- Gabs
- Mase
- Eric

* * *

4 Days to Go! --

Gads, I am so excited! >_<

I've packed na. Hahahahahahaah!

Can't wait to go to Singapore. Hurrah! ^_^

No comments: