Thursday, June 02, 2005

Where to begin? --

Maybe here:
Total volume of music files on my computer:
Zero -- my pc's been giving me problems so I brought it to Greenhills and had it fixed. By "fixed" I mean reformatted.

Prior to the reformatting, I kept a small collection of a capella versions of songs and as many versions of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" that I could find.

Last CD I bought:
Garden State OST

Planning to buy:
Joss Stone's 2nd album (yes, I know this has been out for some time now--)
William Shatner's album (the one where he collaborates with Ben Folds of Ben Folds Five)
Rushmore & Life Aquatic OST

Song playing right now:
In my head? For some strange reason, it's the theme to Legends of the Fall. (But I'm watching Top Gun on HBO --)

I usually don't turn on the speakers when I'm at my PC.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band -- so many memories and voices tied to this song. For the longest time, this was the ONLY DMB song I listened to -- but I have grown to love his music.

Pachelbel's Canon in D

True Colors (performed by Reverse) -- Freshman Year, Freshmen Night -- the theme song of my college years

Shimmer by Fuel -- because some guy made a music video for FLCL using this song

I Love You by Sarah Mclachlan -- *sigh* ^_^

Pure Snow by Yuko Sasaki -- I brought this song with me to Cambridge the summer I was there. Have you seen the opening sequence of Himiko Den using this song? Ganda!

Five people I’m passing this to:
my J
my Taru-taru bro
Gabs
E!

* * *

And then here --

June 1:
I was planning to register last Wednesday. I called Ateneo in the morning to confirm the grad school sked -- it was a good thing I did. It turns out, June 1 was only for regform distribution. Actual registration was from June 2 to 4.

Decided to have my PC fixed. My sister and I brought it to Greenhills at 11ish and they told us to come back in 2 hours so we walked around Greenhills to kill time. Had lunch at Popeye's because my sister wanted to try it. The rootbeer float was yum (a very cheap alternative to the one I usually get from Pancake House).

I also discovered that the top of the outfit I was going to wear to a wedding this Saturday was too tight. (Before people start thinking I gained weight, I didn't -- I wasn't able to fit the top when I got it. It was fine during the first fitting and they just wanted to fix some looseness in the back area -- they overcorrected.)

Quickly brought it to Njork for alterations and I'll pick it up on Saturday when I got for my 3rd gown fitting.

At around 6, my J and I went back to Greenhills to watch Sin City at the newly-opened cinemas.

* * *

Revolving Glass Doors --

I walked into the side of this at the Promenade in Greenhills. My J tried to warn me but my brain shut down and allowed me to discover that my face can produce a new look of shock.

The new theaters are amazing! The seats are so comfy! Sin City was a great movie (but we did not appreciate the clumsy editing/censoring of the movie).

I love Clive Owen! >_<

* * *

And then here --

June 2:
The day started out "bleh" -- I purposely went in for reg late (it starts at 8 and I went in at 830) only the find that the people in charge of reg in my department would arrive later.

Had to sit and wait for my coordinator to come in to give me my advisement slip.

She finally came in at 9ish and then we all discover that my file folder is missing. Yes, the record of my 5 years in grad school is gone.

~sigh~

Had to wait until 930 for her to see me.

Finished reg at 1020.

Met up with my J at Eastwood where we visited Booktopia. That place has a really great selection of books -- found a HC copy of My Legendary Girlfriend and some interesting anthologies.

We decided to complete our Gift Registry by going to Automatic Center in Glorietta 4. We first stopped by Galleria for some errands.

* * *

Can you say "Ole!"? --

We had already decided to eat at La Piadina but the resto beside it caught our eye -- Otra Cosa, a Mexican place that had opened the day before.

The food was yummy! And there were so many things on their menu which we want to try next time. ^_^

When we were there, the most popular item being ordered was their Chili Cheeseburger, which looked really, really good.

My J had the Coach Rick Platter and I had the sample platter of Flautas, Quesadilla and Nacho Chips.

* * *

It's a small (blog/google) world after all --

After all the errands of the day, we found ourselves in Greenhills. I decided to get my hair cut (so I don't have to go out today) --

On our way down from The Jewellery, two women were going up and they were looking at me and whispering. I thought they were college batchmates whose faces I had forgotten. I smiled and she smiled.

She said, "You're the ones with the blog."

We said, "Yes."

Apparently, she's also a bride-to-be and she was interested in hiring Pilar as her photographer. She did a google search which lead her to our blog. I gave her my thoughts and encouraged her to contact Pilar.

(Hi to you and your sister/cousin! It was nice to meet you both. Good luck with your preps! ^_^)

No comments: