Thursday, April 22, 2004

...currently getting brain-freeze from Ice Monster's Strawberry Ice

From my J's blog:

1.WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
4ish and then I sleep again and wake up at 6ish

2.IF YOU COULD EAT LUNCH WITH ONE FAMOUS PERSON, WHO WOULD IT BE?
First thing that came to mind was Tori Amos, and then I thought of Tony Leung Chiu-Wai...

3.GOLD OR SILVER?
Platinum ^_^

4.WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA?
Taking Lives

5.FAVORITE TV SHOW?
CSI Las Vegas

6.WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST?
Depends on what the housekeeper feels like preparing -- most days it's bacon or corned beef

7.WHO WOULD YOU HATE TO BE LEFT IN A ROOM WITH?
Anyone who hasn't taken a bath (or brush their teeth) in a week

8.CAN YOU TOUCH YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR TONGUE?
I guess I can -- if I try hard enough...

9.WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Everything has a potential to inspire me -- it's a matter of me realizing it

10.WHAT’S YOUR MIDDLE NAME?
Uy

11.BEACH, CITY, or COUNTRY?
Country

12.SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer

13.FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Selecta Double Dutch

14.BUTTERED, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN?
Buttered and salted popcorn ^_^

15.FAVORITE COLOR?
Black or Blue

16.FAVORITE VEHICLE?
Volkswagen Beetle/ Mercedes A-Class

17.FAVORITE SANDWICH FILLING?
Peanut Butter or Butter and Strawberry Jam

18.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG AT THIS MOMENT?
I keep listening to the many versions of True Colors and Time after Time

19.WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DO YOU DESPISE?
?

20.FAVORITE FLOWER?
tulips and roses

21.IF YOU HAD A BIG WIN IN THE LOTTERY, HOW LONG WOULD YOU WAIT TO TELL PEOPLE?
I'd tell my family and my J kaagad --

22.FIZZY OR STILL WATER AS A DRINK?
erm -- Tap? ^_^ (as long as it's clean and drinkable -- I really don't care)

23.WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT DURING HIGH SCHOOL?
Graduating from it? ^_^

24.HOW MANY KEYS ON YOUR KEY RING?
2 keyrings with one key each -- one to the house and the other to my bro's place

25.WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO?
a private island off the coast of Iloilo (para I can still go to Iloilo and enjoy the food and take trips to Bacolod or Cebu)

26.CAN YOU JUGGLE? IF YES HOW MANY?
No ~sigh~

27.FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK
Everything good happens on a Wednesday ^_^ (but I like weekends, too)

28.RED OR WHITE WINE?
Red

29.WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR LAST BIRTHDAY?
Spent the day at the store. Friends visited. Had dinner with friends at Penang. (Fun!)

30.IF YOU COULD ASK FOR JUST ONE THING (CAN’T BE MONEY OR MORE WISHES) WHAT WOULD IT BE?
world peace! (am serious) ^_^

* * *

We have discovered a new game and it is called Munchkin. We've been playing it in the store with whoever is willing to sit down and learn the game for the past week. My bro got it when he was in the US. ^_^

I'm reading the Szymborska collections of poetry which I asked him to get for me -- in a word: "Wow!" ^_^

* * *

In 3 weeks, we will be electing a new president --

~sigh~

I didn't even register to vote. I just don't believe in the current system and I don't care for any of the candidates -- it really is just a case of settling for the least of all evils. =P

I'd like to believe that there's still hope but, looking at the list of people running for public office, it's just the same names over and over -- nothing's going to change.

One time, in the store, I was discussing this same thing with E and M and I agreed with what M said -- I'm looking forward to a time when all these people would have retired because of old age and the true "new" blood will be the ones running for office.

... not that that's going to change anything either.

Can you say "vicious cycle"?

(... and, yes, I am guilty of perpetuating it by not registering to vote)

No comments: