Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Your Superhero Identity For Today Is:

Name: Citronella
Secret Identity: K*** ^_^
Special Power: Somatic Stick
Transportation: Wonder Horse
Weapon: Ultra Lasso
Costume: Golden Bikini
Sidekick: Pollonius
Nemesis: Harold the Nasty
Tragic Flaw: Clumsiness
Favorite Food: Split Pea Soup

Take the test!

* * *

And the winner is --

In the recent issue of Guidon, they featured the results of a survey on course prestige, which they conducted during the summer --

1. BM-H
2. ME
3. ECO-H

27. ENGLIT

31. CW
32. HIS
33. HUM

36. DS
37. IS

... oh yes, there are only 37 courses in the Ateneo and we (me and youngest bro are IS majors) end up on the bottom of the list.

~sigh~

Am not sure what I want to say about this --

I'm sad that people don't realize how wonderful the course is (but then, this is a subjective opinion so ...)

I'm sad that people think we have it easy -- (True story: I was on my way to Music Appreciation class at the Art Gallery and I bumped into this acquaintance who was in BM-H. She asked me where I was headed and I told her which class -- to which she replies, in a very condescending tone, "buti ka pa, ang dali-dali ng subjects mo")

~sigh~

...IS majors are perhaps the happiest people on campus, thesis-blues notwithstanding. They get themselves involved in subjects they sincerely wish to take, and are definitely not forced to do anything they don't like. Happy people doing what they like best.
- introduction to the IS page in our yearbook

No comments: