Saturday, July 24, 2004

...one's tears are never explained.

-Louise Gluck, "Parable of Faith"

* * *

"Rain, rain, go away" --

It was raining so hard yesterday! We got stranded in Katipunan for 4 hours!

I felt bad for my EN10 class because I dismissed them at 4:10 and, by then,
the streets were already flooded. I couldn't even get across to National Bookstore.

I sought refuge in my brother's office -- but my shoes had suffered by then. ~sigh~

My bro and I decide to trek out again at around 5. OMG, you should have seen the
people! Everyone was walking -- it looked like a scene from The Day After Tomorrow.
We checked Gate 2 to see if it was passable (and it wasn't), so we walked to Gate 3
and was able to cross over from there.

We knew we were going to stay stuck in the area for quite some time, so we decided to
get a pizza and have dinner while waiting for the flood to dissipate.

D of Octopus was nice enough to give me a pair of slippers from his store and he
joined us for dinner. Our friend M called and asked to seek refuge in the store --
he had been on the road since 4 that day (and, when he called, it was already 7!)

We finally decided to bite the bullet and try to go home at 8. (It was the right
decision -- the route we chose was relatively clear and we were able to get home in
40 minutes)

I was sooo tired last night!

(I wanted to blog about this last night but I was so tired na!)

* * *

I discovered this poet through a friend of a friend's blog --
Louise Gluck

Check our her poems!

* * *

Thank God it's the Weekend! ^_^ Yay!

No comments: