Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Seen on someone's t-shirt --

Live to the point of tears

... wow, di ba?

* * *

I really like this image from Spooner by Ted Dawson. ^^

This comic strip series is something me and my J enjoy reading -- discovered it in one of this year's Free Comic Book Day comics.

* * *

Got my first paycheck today -- yay! ^_^

* * *

This is mine to remember --
(line from Annie Lennox's "A Thousand Beautiful Things" -- thanks C)

This is what I like about us --

We would be sitting quietly, lost in our own thoughts and then, one would ask the other "What are you thinking?" and the other would answer...

... and it always ends up that we would be thinking the same thing.

It happened again this afternoon and my J asked me if he should still be surprised -- and I smiled and asked him "What do you think?"

Before dinner, we were just lazing about with a bag of chips (I got it this weekend -- yes, my J and I love our potato chips) while watching the shows on ETC --

After dinner, we watched Will and Grace with my bro --

And he calls after he gets to work to tell me that he had fun today ... and I told him "I did, too."

^_^

* * *

Synchronicity! --

If anyone asks you
how the perfect satisfaction
of all our sexual wanting
will look, lift your face
and say,

Like this.

When someone mentions the gracefulness
of the nightsky, climb up on the roof
and dance and say,

Like this.

If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,
or what "God’s fragrance" means,
lean your head toward him or her.
Keep your face there close.

Like this.
... (it continues)

- "Like This" by Rumi

So I was chatting with my friend C and he was telling me how he loves to dance and twirl around -- I told him it reminded me of the dervishes of Persia. I tried to remember the name of the Persian poet who was also a dervish --

Rumi --

I searched for poems online and found this one, which I thought C would like because it was intense -- I gave him the link and copy+pasted the first part of the poem on our chat log --

It seems he's been searching for this poem since he started with Quill -- he never knew the poet who wrote it, but he tried to remember the poem --

And then we found it tonight -- yay!

It always pleases me when things work out and everything falls into place. ^_^

No comments: