Thursday, May 26, 2005

A confession --

I have fallen in love with mustard. Yes mustard. The kind you slather on hotdogs. I don't know when it started, but I'm hooked.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(I have the Zesty Onion one at home. ^_^)

I can't really describe the flavor -- it's creamy, it's zesty -- it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

And I've been eating hotdogs left and right just to get my mustard fix.

The most recent one was from Taters in Galleria today. (I wish I had a picture of it --- it was a truly glorious, mustard-y sight ^_^)

And then I saw them slather it on a sandwich on Extreme Cuisine (Lifestyle Network) -- I want! >_<

* * *

Witnessed an accident earlier --

It was on our way to Galleria from Ateneo. We were crossing the intersection of Boni Serrano and White Plains when a speeding Civic rammed into a cab directly in front of us.

That intersection really is dangerous -- there is no traffic light and, at 1030 this morning, there was no traffic aide controlling the flow. Motorists were left to fend for themselves.

* * *

Currently reading --

Finished reading the novel adaptation of Star Wars Episode III --

I picked up a copy of The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington at Powerbooks a few days ago -- and that's what I'm reading now.

* * *

And tomorrow --

We're going to try our hand in making Buffalo Wings at home.

And Madagascar is showing. Hurrah!

* * *

Interview --

From Gabs:
1. If you wrote the Great Filipino Novel, what is the title, what is it about, and what is the first sentence in the novel?

Hmm -- this was a tough one. I actually haven't thought about it. First instinct was to say "write about the Chinese experience in the country" -- pero, naah!

I'd want to write about food or travel. Maybe about Iloilo --

(I will think about this and go back to this question in the future)

2. If, during your wedding ceremony, the priest suddenly lost his voice, what would you do?

First I will laugh and appreciate how crazy the Fates get (of all days pa talaga, ano?). Then I will sit down and wait for our coordinators to handle the situation. (At one point -- I would probably grab the mic and try to entertain people while the situation is being resolved.)

3. What do you want to do on your last day on this earth?

Eat steak. Have sex. Spend what's left of my waking life with my loved ones.

If I knew that my life was ending, I'd take all of my money and travel the world and see/do everything (with my J of course). Hell, I'll even go on a rollercoaster ride with him.

4. What is the day of the week that you want to take away? Why?

I actually love all the days of the week. Pero siguro, if I were to choose one to give up, it would be Thursday. It's in the way of the weekend. ^_^

5. If you could be someone of the opposite sex for a day, who would you be and why?

I'd like to be a priest. I want to know what goes through their head. I want to know how they handle "concerns of the flesh". I want to know how holy they feel and what their fears are.

Actually, the first person that came to mind was FG Mike Arroyo -- I want to know what he tells himself before he sleeps at night. I want to know if he can still sleep at night.

The Official Interview Game Rules:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: