Friday, May 06, 2005

Fryday --

It was so effing hot today! And we had so many errands! >_<

1. Meet with our interior designer in her office in Reposo
Her name is Nina Santamaria and she was my J's orgmate in college. Her office is in the LRI building in Reposo. My golly! It's a wonderful place to be in! It's a building that houses interior designers, furniture shops and art galleries! It was a good thing my J and I arrived early, we had a fun time going around and checking out the furniture and other stuff.

Nina was being interviewed by ANC so we had to wait a bit before we got to sit down with her. The people from ANC approached us and asked if they could interview us -- we said yes. (We'll be on ANC -- I don't know when. IF you do happen to catch the show, ignore the ginormous pimple on my forehead and the sweat on the rest of me. ^_^) It was fun (and we got to advertise Nina ^_^)

We finally got to sit down with her and she showed us two concepts she has in mind for the space. It was like being on Knock First (show on ETC) -- she showed us some paint swatches and took note of which ones we responded to. After the meeting, we went around the place and we pointed out the pieces of furniture which we liked.

2. Meet with Coordinator in Greenbelt
3. Meet with our Invitation Maker
It's "Araw ng Makati" ("Makati Day" sounds off) and they closed off Ayala Avenue -- my J and I had to walk from the edge of Ayala Avenue to Greenbelt. It was so hot! Thank goodness for the covered walkway that links most of the Central Business District. It was a long, long walk but my J and I kept ourselves entertained by talking about the design of our place and about where we were going to have dinner. (This was at 430 in the afternoon. Yes, we love food.)

Our coordinator says my J and I are too organized. (I'm taking that to be a good thing. ^_^) We sat down to decide what music to play during the reception and what songs to play for our first dance (yihee~), grand entrance O_o and cake cutting.

Actually, our coordinator and invitation maker are neighbors so it was very easy to handle this part of the trip. We submitted the corrected invitation to our invitation maker (Her name is Jong and she runs Write Impression. She's my age.)

4. Pick up comics in Greenhills
My J and I took a cab to Greenhills. Poor cab driver, he forgot to set the meter on his cab. My J and I calculated that he lost about PhP20 so we added that to the fare he charged us.

We decided to have dinner in Greenhills and we ate in Won Ton. Lesson for the day: if the restaurant is named after a particular food/dish, try that (unless it's Chili's -- ooh, spicy!) -- the wonton in Won Ton was really, really yummy! (And the prices are okay. I had a bowl of beef and shrimp wonton noodle soup and my J tried their mixed congee. We ended up switching because my J wanted to slurp noodles and I wanted to put chili sauce into something -- and congee tastes really yummy with the chili sauce)

We ordered some fried shrimp puffs to take home to my sister and she really enjoyed it. ^_^

* * *

So that's what that feels like --

Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day --

When the store was open, this would be the highlight of the summer. FCBD was always a fun day for us because it brought friends and comic-book enthusiasts to the store. It was also a chance for us to get people to read new titles.

I was always on the giving end of FCBD -- and that was a wonderful feeling -- to give a stack of free comic books to people who came by.

Today, I was on the receiving end of such generosity. I was looking at the titles and the lady behind the counter just pulled out all the titles (4 - DC's The Batman Strikes, Marvel's Marvel Adventures, Betty and Veronica, Uncle Scrooge) and even gave us a copy of "The House of M". I felt such a rush, leaving the store with a bag of comic books that I got for free.

Fun, fun. ^_^

* * *

More tidbits from IMDB --

- David Schwimmer dated Natalie Imbruglia O_o

- Matthew Lillard dated Neve Campbell (not so O_o)

- Before Ben Stiller married Christine Taylor, he was dating Jeanne Tripplehorn

- Nancy Cartwright (voice of Bart Simpson, Lu and Chuckie Finster) is also the voice of the Arabian Prince in The Chipmunk Adventure (my favorite line: We are not amused. ^^), Kip Kangaroo in Shirt Tales and Gloria in Richie Rich

- Yogi Bear and Elroy Jetson were voiced by the same person - Daws Butler

No comments: