Monday, May 23, 2005

Whew! --

Day started with a meeting with our interior designer and prospective contractor. Everything went well and we're plotting out a schedule of construction already.

Our interior designer also informed me that her feature (with our interview) will be aired on ANC on Friday from 8 to 9am. I'm wondering how I sound on television...

Decided to tag along as my J went to UP to get some documents from his college. Siyempre, got to eat Rodics... yum! Got a teaser of what enrollment must be like in UP -- from UP Shopping Center, we took the Ikot to Bahay ng Alumni hoping to get dessert from Chocolate Kiss (but it was packed). We walked to his college to get the request. Had to take a jeep back to the Shopping Center area because he needed to pay at the University Cashier. We had to take the jeep back to his college to file the request.

It's an interesting experience.

Met up with Gabs, Mase, M & P for dinner at Gateway. Fun, fun, fun group. Was planning to go home before 9 (to make it to the last LRT trip) but the company was so hard to leave. Conversation flowed. Lots of laughs. Ended up going home at 10ish. What a wonderful way to end the day. ^_^

* * *

Let's talk movies --

Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
Being one of five siblings, the collection is massive -- from VHS to Laser Discs to VCDs to DVDs (in various regions). Personally, I own just a few -- the thing I am most proud of having is the Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou boxed set. (A birthday gift from my beloved sister)

The last film I bought:
Eros, Aviator and Hotel Rwanda from Metrowalk.
The Incredibles Widescreen Two-Disc Collectors Edition from Amazon

Films that I watch a lot or mean a lot to me:
Breakfast at Tiffany's -- this is my ultimate feel-good movie. I watch this every chance I get. I love how flawed Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard's characters are. I love it when Holly Golightly says "I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's."

Come Live With Me -- the first James Stewart movie I ever saw and fell in love with. This is the movie that inspires me to write. This is the movie that sparked my interest in old films and gave me one of my most memorable summers (looking for and watching old films with youngest bro in Iloilo) This is the movie that tells me that it is the sometimes the simplest things that create the greatest impact.

The Royal Tenenbaums -- (and all of Wes Anderson's films for that matter) Something about them lang talaga that makes me smile. ^_^ Movies that show me what it is to be human.

Amelie -- believe it or not, I only saw this movie last year and this is thanks to my J.

Chungking Express -- again, thanks to my J for introducing me to Wong Kar-Wai. The movie that started my love affair with this amazing director. Because the movie ends with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai saying "Wherever you want to take me."

To which 5 people am I passing the baton and why?
- my J -- I'm curious about what his 5 movies would be
- my bro (the one who keeps updates his online journal religiously)

No comments: