Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Toasty Tuesday --

I took 3 baths yesterday -- it was just so damned humid and I hate feeling sweaty and clammy.

My sister and I went to Shangri-la to purchase our tickets to Star Wars Episode 3 -- it gives us a chance to watch at the Premiere Theater (so expensive, but it will be worth it).

We stopped by National Bookstore because she wanted to get a copy of the novelization of the movie -- I found a copy of Philippine Post-Colonial Studies and Caroline Hau's latest book (*glee!* ... not) and I got another pack of acetates to make more stencils.

Spent the rest of the afternoon reading (thesis-related) books and watching The Aviator -- I understand why it won the Oscar.

Alton Brown featured Clams on Good Eats and now I want to make my own clam chowder. I also want to go to Soup Kitchen for a bowl of chowder and their brown bread.

It rained in the evening and the power was out from 6pm to 2am. Spent the early part of the evening reading John Irving's Gertrude and Claudius. It was short enough to finish in one sitting. It's a curious take on what happened behind the scenes in Hamlet. I got sleepy at 9 and one area of the house benefits from the building's generator so we trailed several extension cords up to our room so we can have a fan on while I slept.

I'm glad that it rained --

I'm already thinking of registering for emergency lights and battery-powered/rechargeable fans (if there is such a thing).

Speaking of registries -- Powerbooks offers a bridal registry. O_o

* * *

I've never been to one --

News about Fete de la Musique 2005

It's going to be held in El Pueblo, Ortigas -- I might be able to go to this one. ^_^

* * *

Today --

The English dept called yesterday asking me to come in to sign my appointment papers. It's official -- I'm teaching this first sem! Hurrah! I think they're giving me 9 units, so I am really happy for that.

I'm going there this morning. (Eager Beaver ^_^)

Then I'm meeting my hunny and we're off to Gateway to watch *koff* Bikini Open -- a pinoy mockumentary. I think we're also going to explore Marikina Shoe Expo. ^_^

I want to be home by 2 so I can watch American Idol. They're singing 3 songs daw -- The judges choose 1, the producer chooses 1 and they choose the last. Am excited! =^_^=

No comments: