Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Peanut-Butter Wednesdays! --

Everything good happens on a Wednesday --

The morning started out a bit sketchy with the phone ringing before 9 and I had to answer it. (For people who don't know, mornings are sacred to me -- I like to be quiet and just gather myself for the day ahead. I don't talk except to ask for the newspaper.)

For the past few weeks, my sister and I have been besieged with errands -- annoying albeit necessary ones. We've been very diligent about attending to all of them.

Today, we decided to treat ourselves to a movie. The first show for Kingdom of Heaven at Podium was at 1120 and we were determined to watch it. The plan nearly got derailed with another phone call telling us to wait for important documents to be sent over.

We managed to leave the house at 1020 but encountered massive traffic along Ortigas, near LSGH. We got to Podium at 5 minutes to 11 and were the first (and only) people in line for the movie.

Got good seats and popcorn. Sat through an amazing, amazing movie. Had a wonderful lunch at China Star (they have a really great deal on meals from 2pm to 6pm -- PhP99 for a plateful of yum -- in my case, a bowl-full of yum! ^_^)

My sister and my J were patient enough to let me go inside Just G -- one of my favorite clothing stores. I have my eye on a skirt there. Will probably get it this weekend when I have more time. ^_^

I'm glad today happened. ^_^

* * *

On Kingdom of Heaven --

I loved it! It's 2 hours++ but you won't feel the time -- it's a wonderful story and a very compelling cast. Orlando Bloom was amazing! (This is definitely the movie that legitimizes him as a serious actor.)

The most interesting aspect of the movie is that it is an honest and unapologetic commentary on the state of religion in the world. It is sad that what happened during the Crusades, almost a thousand years ago, still happens today. The writer was careful in how he dealt with all sides of the story -- that of the Christian, the Jew and the Muslim. I thought it was a fair representation of the Crusades.

Lots of memorable lines. Lots of memorable scenes.

Am looking forward to the DVD ^_^ -- (according to rumors, the DVD will be 195 minutes O_o = 3 hours++)

* * *

This is interesting --

One man's What If?

No comments: