Wednesday, February 11, 2004

From Day's of Being Wild:

Leslie Cheung's character (LC): Look at my watch.
Maggie Cheung's character (MC): But why?
LC: For one minute?
A minute passes.
MC: Now. Speak up.
LC: What day's today?
MC: Sixteenth.
LC: Sixteenth. April the sixteenth. The one minute before 3pm on April the sixteenth, 1960, you're together with me. Because of you, I'll remember that one minute. From now on, we we were friends for one minute. This is a fact you can't change*. It's accomplished.

... I *heart* Wong Kar-Wai ^_^

*The subtitle said "retreat", but I could understand the Chinese and it meant "change".

* * *

Studio 23 is showing the last season of Buffy (every Monday at 8pm).

* * *

Watched Lost in Translation last night -- wow! (Bill Murray and Scarlet Johanssen were amazing!)

* * *

Last part of compre is this Saturday. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this one -- I don't know if I'm studying enough for it. (I'm really just going through the motions of reading, taking notes, etc. etc. -- but I don't know if I've actually comprehended (?) anything. Oh well --

* * *

And since Saturday is February 14:

Favorite love-love, feel-good movies
1. My Sassy Girl and Who Are You?
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's (Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard)
3. Come Live with Me (James Stewart and Hedy Lamarr) and Shop Around the Corner (James Stewart and Margaret Sullivan)
4. Before Sunrise (Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy)
5. Bridget Jones's Diary (Colin Firth and Renee Zellweger) and If Lucy Fell (Sarah Jessica Parker and Eric Schaeffer)



No comments: