Saturday, May 29, 2004

Politics annoys me --

Am not entirely apolitical (I didn't vote) -- I pay enough attention to know what's happening (and to check how it's affecting the peso-dollar conversion rate) --

Last night, on the cab ride home, my J and I were listening to the joint session(?) on the radio -- God, our politicians talaga are sooooo effing annoying! >_< Hearing them speak and how ridiculous their thoughts are just irritates me -- they try to sound like they know what they're talking about and complicating very simple motions with their highfalutin words --

One of the motions voted on was whether congress would be willing to spend every waking hour of the seven days of the week to count to CoCs before the June 30 deadline (Pimentel motion?) -- jesus, as if they're really going to spend every waking hour of the seven days of the week doing so --

And that whole hysterical session with the representative from Maguindanao --

I share that anonymous note's sentiment -- just shut up and do your work already --

Grrrr....

~sigh~

* * *

Today's horoscope -- (May 29)

Capricorn:
You'll be thinking about commitment, and the repercussions of such an action -- and well you should. This is the stuff that major changes are made of. Are you sure?

- from Yahoo! Astrology

* * *

Wow --

Am watching the Counting Crows perform on the Today show on ETC -- they've been around since 1993

and my sibs and I have been fans for just as long -- August and Everything After was one of the first CDs we bought/owned in Iloilo --

My favorite Counting Crows songs:
Mr. Jones
Round Here
Long December
Big Yellow Taxi Cab
Ghost in You (Clueless OST)
Angels of the Silences
Colorblind (thanks C for reminding me ^_^)

No comments: