Wednesday, May 05, 2004

"Welcome to the Ateneo!
I am pleased to inform you that we have accepted your application to teach at the Department of English."


... can you tell how happy I am about this?

I first received an e-mail from the new department head three weeks ago asking me to come in for a preliminary interview. I was pleased about being considered for the job. (This was the second time I applied to the English Department -- last year, I got a letter in the mail telling me that they already had a full roster of teachers.)

I did my demo two Mondays ago -- OMG! What an amazing experience! I was so scared because I hadn't been in front of a class (to teach) in 4 years, but, when I stood there in front of the class and started talking, I fell into the groove of it again. It is like riding a bicycle. (Although, I did learn how to ride a bike and I did forget how to -- lol!) When I was there, I knew that was what I wanted to do. I wanted to teach.

Last Monday, I went in for a panel interview and I was told that they would know if they need teachers by this week (waited for sections and confirmation from other teachers whether they would be coming back to teach).

Kaya imagine my surprise to receive a phone call and an e-mail message on a Wednesday informing me of my acceptance. ^_^

!!!!!!!!! <--- this is how I feel right now. ^_^

* * *

from one of M's friend's LJ --

WHAT WILL MATTER?

Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no days, no hours or minutes. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.

Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed. Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.

So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will all expire.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
It won't matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived.
It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant. Your gender, skin color, ethnicity will be irrelevant.

So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?

What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave.
What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage and sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.
What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.
What will matter is not your memories, but the memories of those who loved you.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice.

CHOOSE TO LIVE A LIFE THAT MATTERS. ~ by Michael Josephson ~

* * *

and this one also --

Fill in the blanks ^_^

- - - - - - - - - -

I ______ Tin.

Tin is ______.

If I were alone in a room with Tin, I would _______.

I think Tin should _______.

Tin needs _______.

I want to _______ Tin.

Someday Tin will _______.

Tin reminds me of _______.

Without Tin, _______.

Memories of Tin are _______.

Tin can be __________.

Worst thing about Tin is _________.

Best thing about Tin is _________.

I am ________ with Tin.

TIN! Don't you dare ________.

* * *

you are aqua
#00FFFF

Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.

Your saturation level is very high - you are all about getting things done. The world may think you work too hard but you have a lot to show for it, and it keeps you going. You shouldn't be afraid to lead people, because if you're doing it, it'll be done right.

Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
the spacefem.com html color quiz


No comments: