Tuesday, December 28, 2004

An Amazing Race --

It started last Wednesday, when my J found out he was getting the 24th and 25th free instead of the 27th and 28th. He was planning to join me in Iloilo on the 26th -- but with that news, we had to scramble and find a ticket for him on the 23rd.

It's the Christmas season and all flights to anywhere would be fully booked. My J decided to try his luck and went to the airport as a chance passenger. He went there at 7am and, at 9, there were seats available on the Bacolod flight. (We checked all the possible connections: Manila - Bacolod; Manila - Roxas, etc.)

By the time he got to the counter, however, it was too late and the flight had already left.

~sigh~

He was able to make the 455pm flight to Bacolod, but missed the last ferry from Bacolod to Iloilo. He had to stay in a crap pension house for the night and took the 7am ferry to Iloilo the next day.

Oh what fun it is to have my hunny here for Christmas. ^_^

We went mad shopping for pajamas and shirts at SM Department store and the Surplus Shop. I took him to all the yummy food places here -- (oh, my poor waist. ^_^;;;)

He left for Manila yesterday evening.

~sigh~ I wish he could have stayed a little longer.

It was wonderful being able to spend the holidays with him. It was great to be able to share all these moments with him.

I wish I could have been there during his first plane ride --
I wish I could have been there with him to explore Bacolod --

But, like my sister said, this is one trip in a lifetime of trips that I will be taking with him.

* * *

Iloilo --

I love it here. I love being able to relax and just walk around with my J -- it isn't so busy here. One could go into SM Department store and take one's time browsing and trying on things.

And how reasonably priced everything is! My J and I went on a "date" and ate batchoy for lunch. Total cost = PhP98 for 2 extra super special batchoy and PhP30 for 2 drinks.

* * *

Bleh --

I think my J and I are both coming down with a cold -- our joints were aching yesterday, but we thought it was because of the weather. This morning, I'm feeling a bit weak and there's a slight tickle in my throat.

Am drinking loads of orange juice and taking Sinutab.

Poor hunny, had to go to work this morning --

* * *

Possibilities for January --

My J and I will spend our birthday doing a movie marathon --

On our list:
1. Kung Fu Hustle
2. Ocean's 12
3. Blade: Trinity

My mom and dad watched "Mano Po 3" and they say it's really nice. I'm still wanting to watch "Enteng Kabisote" for sentimental reasons. ^_^

* * *

Hope everyone's resting well and enjoying their Christmas breaks.

Take care all!

No comments: